Monday, June 8, 2009

Real Love Stories Never Have Endings....

Well, we're back from the wedding. It was actually an awesome wedding and a really great, fun way to spend a weekend. It was a very...how shall I put this?...young people dominated wedding. Not surprising since the bride and groom are.....what?...I don't even think they're twenty-five yet. But, yeah, it was fun. Great party. She looked like a princess, he looked very handsome, their little boy was the cutest baby there (well...okay, one of the cutest babies there. There were a lot of babies there) and the food was good. The wedding had everything. It even had an amusing drunk (the brother of the bride, even younger than her, he's only twenty-two, he's a little bit of a spaz when he gets drunk and from what I hear, he's gets drunk a lot). However, it did not have the drama I was hoping for. Let me just explain; this family (the family of the bride) are the most damaged family I have ever met. Technically, I am related to them by blood, but I am so not as damaged as them. So yeah, they have a lot of problems. There's a whole bunch of kids and a whole mess of grandchildren and now a small but growing tangle of great-grandchildren. And they have problems galore. Disowning children, secret affairs, alcohol problems, a lot of the siblings aren't speaking to each other, they don't like their mother's new boyfriend, kids have issues, it's just a mess. And I was expecting (hoping) for some major drama to unfold at this wedding. I do need some material for my novel after all. But the most I got was...let's see...well, one of the sons (a real jerk by the way) didn't speak to anyone and another one snubbed his seven year old niece. Seven years old, for god's sake. It was heartbreaking. She came up, said ''hi!'' all excited and crap and he barely even glanced at her. So there was some drama, but not nearly enough.

But....

I did learn some interesting facts about myself. I am a damn good actress and should really consider a career in schmoozing. Seriously. Look:

Relative: So, Becky, how's school going?
Me: Oh, it's going great. Right on schedule.
(Mom and the Aunts crack up laughing)

Relative: It was so nice meeting you. We really should do this again some time.
Me: Oh, yes, definitely. It's been way too long. *thinking: actually, it hasn't been long enough you old drunk*
Relative: And if you need anything, you call me.
Me: I'll be sure to do that. *thinking: not*

But it was fun. The bride has always been such a great girl (I remember when I was little I used to love hanging out with my ''cool cousin'') and I couldn't be happier for her. Her new husband seems like such a great guy and their love story just goes to show you can in fact fall in love with your best friend. See, they were friends first and then after high school they decided to move in together and - whamo! It's like five years later and now they have a son and they just got married. It's like a fairytale. And yes, I do realize I am not being my usual bitter and sarcastic self, but I...I don't know....the wedding just made me want to get married. Apparently I'm not the only one who wanted to jump forwards in time. My mother was holding a baby for like a hour and she was getting so into it when we got back to the motel I just had to ask her ''so Mom, did holding the baby (name omitted) make you want to have another baby?'' And she answered with ''no, but it did make me excited for the days when I'll have little grandbabies.'' It was like, ''well, geez, no pressure''.

I'm only fifteen!

Anyways, the whole wedding was just a great experience. Got to show off my schmoozing skills, got to see family, got to eat to die for cake and I got to watch the cutest couple have one of the best weddings I've ever been to. Bride and Groom didn't stop smiling the whole night. They did the whole slideshow thing they do at weddings (nearly made me cry), they did the first dance (it was adorable, I was smiling the whole way through) and they even did the father and daughter dance (that one made me a little depressed, seeing as I'll never have that.) And they even wrote their own vows. Had a hard time keeping my cool then.God, it really was great.But seeing it really made me long for the days when I get married and have babies. And I don't even know if I want kids. That is so weird. No, seriously, seeing my mom so happy made me wonder when her boyfriend is going to man up and propose. They've been together for eight years for goodness sake. I just want to see her happy.

Aw....
.....Jesus

All this wedding shit has made me all sappy and emotional and....happy.Something is seriously off here.

See ya later, kiddies!
Kisses,
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment